Our permanent teeth can experience a lot of wear and tear over time if we don’t take care of them. Without the proper oral care, they are constantly at risk of tooth decay, stains, and damage. In some situations, the look of your teeth can begin to be cause for concern. That’s where dental veneers come in. They can give your smile the look you’ve always wanted.
At Spring Valley Dental Care, Dr. Boyer offers a wide variety of cosmetic dentistry services to give you a bright, shining smile. Porcelain veneers are a durable and strong solution that will give you a smile full of confidence. To help you determine if veneers are right for you, take a look at some more important information regarding porcelain veneers and their benefits.
Problems That Dental Veneers Fix
As mentioned above, there are many risks that contribute to damaging your teeth. These issues can range, but for the most part, the treatment is cosmetic. Here are some of the common problems that are fixed by dental veneers:
- Discoloration: Teeth can be discolored in a great number of ways. Discoloration is common for people who drink coffee or soda regularly. Excessive amounts of fluoride can also lead to fluorosis which causes discoloration. Even root canal treatment can cause stains due to tetracycline or other drugs.
- Worn Teeth: Teeth can become worn over time simply by eating food. There are other things that can cause more damage, such as chewing on ice. If you have a problem with grinding your teeth in your sleep, teeth can wear as well.
- Chipped or Broken Teeth: Chips in your teeth can be completely accidental. Veneers are able to cover up the chip and give you stability to use your teeth normally. Broken teeth may also require a fix to help you better chew and speak.
- Irregular Teeth: Sometimes, the shape of a tooth doesn’t work for your mouth or smile. A veneer can be used to fix the shape of your teeth and improve your smile.
- Gaps: Many people have minor gaps in their teeth that don’t call for full orthodontic treatment. If this is the case, your teeth can have those gaps filled with dental veneers.
Dental Veneer Benefits
A porcelain veneer can do wonders for your mouth. It goes beyond giving you a nice smile. There are many practical solutions they provide for your mouth and everyday life. Take a look below:
- Long Lasting: Veneers can last 12 – 25 years. This means that your teeth have a durable solution that rarely requires maintenance. Of course, you should always practice sound oral hygiene.
- Fixes bites: Sometimes, tearing through your food can be difficult with damaged teeth. Veneers give your mouth a better bite so you can enjoy your meals and chew food properly.
- Improves Confidence: Your teeth play a huge role in your life, and having a nice smile can improve your comfort in social situations.
Veneer Services From Spring Valley Dental
If you are looking for cosmetic dentistry, such as dental veneers, Spring Valley Dental Care has the solutions. We provide high-quality porcelain veneers in Spring Valley, CA. If you’d like to schedule an appointment with us, you can contact us here or give us a call at 619.670.4471!